Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Little Miss Sunshine!

Hey everybody! Seaira has had an interesting day so far! She is still resting quite a bit but we did have to take a trip back up to Dorenbecher's today. I had caught Seaira scratching at her incision so I take a look at it and I could tell it had been bleeding more so I called the advice nurse and she had me take off the bandage and that it was when I noticed the stitches were coming out. So we went up and they put some steri-strips over it and covered it back up! I'm still having one heck of a time keeping her hands off the incision but I'm doing the best I can!
I'll try and get some picture with in the next couple of days, when she's more awake and alert!
Right now she's on a pretty strong dose of antibiotics to help prevent any infections and is taking Oxycodone for the pain. She's not eating regular meals yet but she is hooked up to her feeding pump and is drinking plenty of fluids! She has to wait 4 days to have a shower which is nasty considering they got iodine in her hair! After that she can have showers but no baths or swimming for 14 days! Her device got turned on to a low basic setting until she goes to see her neurologist!
I think that is about all for now!
Thanks everybody!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Seaira....we hope you are feeling back to yourself real soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there guys and thanks for keeping us updated. I am thinking about you all.....Julie